I thought of this idea for an ultimate green salad a few months ago, but I knew it definitely needed to wait for now.
It’s a simple idea. A green salad in which everything is green. I know it goes against the healthy eating principle of colorful meals, but it’s a salad so I think it’s ok.
I realized that all of my favorite things to put on a salad are in fact green. Avocados, thawed frozen peas, green peppers, green onions. To be honest I usually add other colored things (sliced carrots, diced tomato or red pepper) simple for the aesthetics. A big colorful salad does look a lot more appetizing. Like this one.
But there really are quite a few awesome toppings that happen to be green. And how perfect is that for St. Patrick’s Day? An entirely green dish with no food coloring and no marshmallows. This ultimate green salad would be perfect as a side for either of our awesome recipes for Corned Beef.
As a crunchy topping, I was able to find green tortillas (spinach tortilla wraps) and I cut them into strips and baked them according to this recipe.
- Lots of lettuce, any type
- Avocado, sliced
- Green Peppers, diced
- Green Onions, sliced thin
- Celery, chopped
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Frozen peas, thawed
- Fresh broccoli florets
- Snow peas
- Other toppings:
- Raw pumpkin seeds
- Baked tortilla strips (I used Spinach Wraps and baked them this way)
- Shelled pistachios
- For dressing:
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Mix all ingredients together and top with dressing, or
- Prepare all toppings in small bowls and set up buffet style to let everyone make their own masterpiece.
- To turn into a main dish, add cooked shredded chicken.
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…