I’m just a little bit obsessed with dark chocolate lately. And there are a few reasons for it.
1. It’s delicious.
2. I’m pregnant (if you didn’t know) and one thing that has been common in all of my pregnancies (this is #4) is that I can’t handle too much sugar. Let me clarify: I don’t really want to eat a lot of sugar. Which is great, because usually I want to eat sweet things, particularly baked things, all the time. But when I’m pregnant, even one cookie can be too much. So a square of dark chocolate really is perfect to give me something sweet but not too sweet.
3. We are moving. Not all the way across the country, but pretty far. Which adds a bit of stress. Which makes the need for a bit of dark chocolate even more apparent. There were some days that one little square got me through the day. It was my little bit of joy. And I don’t have to hide it because none of my kids like dark chocolate! Yay for me!
Anyway, so I found these Dove Whole Cranberries dipped in Dark Chocolate and tried them and fell in love with them! The first time I added them to a trail mix, basically added them to a bunch of nuts. That got me hooked. So the next time I bought them I decided to make an even better treat. And these amazing triple chocolate cranberry cookies did not disappoint at all!
I used my favorite chewy chocolate cookie recipe, and added the whole 6 oz bag of cranberries, plus milk chocolate chips and chopped pecans. They were so good! Just make sure you’ve got some milk to go with them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag (6 oz) Dove Whole Cranberries Dipped in Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until combined.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate covered cranberries, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoon full onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
One Year Ago, 2014