Chicken skewers, kabobs. Whatever you choose to call it, it’s always a winner. Seriously, who doesn’t love meat on a stick?
And these are simple, and fast to throw together on a weeknight. Which is seriously my favorite part of summer: getting something simple like this together and then I turn it over to the grill master when he gets home from work. It’s a beautiful thing.
Nothing in this meal is time consuming. Even the dipping sauce, which is amazing, heats up on the stove just long enough for it to get smooth and turn into deliciousness.
This would be fabulous paired with a salad, or with rice of any sort, but particularly this Mexican Sour Cream Rice that I’ve been wanting to try (yes, I know that would be mixing cuisines, but here at Num’s the Word, we do not judge).
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 8 chicken tenders
- Combine coconut milk, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar in small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss the chicken tenders with the remaining lime juice and brown sugar.
- Thread the chicken on skewers. Grill, turning once, until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
You can also make these quickly in the broiler. Place the skewers on a cookie sheet and broil, turning once, until brown, about 4-6 minutes.