This might be my very favorite Chex mix. There are so many different types of these snack mixes these days that it’s hard to put a name to a favorite, but this is it. My husband would argue. He prefers traditional Muddy Buddies, or Puppy Chow with all it’s peanut butter and chocolate goodness. He also has a favorite savory Chex mix, which I will be posting soon. But the combination in this Sweet Spicy Chex Mix is what hits the spot for me. And becomes completely addicting.
I made this at Thanksgiving and my brother insisted on getting the recipe, so here it is brother. Hopefully this is in time for your holiday festivities.
One of the best parts of this mix is you can definitely use whatever ingredients your family enjoys. We always have goldfish around, but you can use another cheesy cracker that you like. Try switching up the type of Chex used. What I’ve given you is what we like best. We’ve tried it a few times, and this is our favorite.
This sweet and spicy chex mix is guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering for sure. Just be careful because it is definitely easy to get addicted to.
- 2 cups rice Chex
- 2 cups corn Chex
- 2 cups wheat Chex
- 2 cups parmesan Goldfish
- 2 cups cheddar Goldfish
- 4 cups potato sticks
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts or mixed nuts
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, goldfish, potato sticks, nuts and pretzels.
- In a medium sauce pan combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally and then remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour heated mixture over dry mixture and stir to cover. Pour onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Stir again when it comes out of the oven and then allow to cool and break apart. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week (if it lasts that long).