Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is one of my favorite of pumpkin treats. Let’s face it though, I love all things pumpkin. But this involves chocolate and warm bread.
So, since it’s bread it’s totally justifiable as breakfast, right? Even with all the delicious chocolate chips. I mean it even has orange juice in it. Which I know might sound a bit weird, but believe me it works so well with this bread.
This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread makes quite a bit; 2 9-inch loaves or 3 8-inch loaves. Or if you’re like me and don’t have that many of one kind of pan, I made 1 9 inch and 4 mini loaves (which baked for about 40-45 minutes). I really like baking the smaller loaves since they’re easier to give as gifts and also to justify eating in one sitting. Not that I’ve done that. Today.
So this bread is super yummy and fall-ish and really quite easy to pull together. And now that it’s starting to get cooler, it’s not nearly as much of an imposition to turn your oven on for an hour. Totally worth it.
We’ve got several pumpkin recipes you should check out including this somewhat healthier Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread, these amazing pancakes, or this French Toast, or these cookies. Oh and these cupcakes. And this cheesecake. Just to name a few.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bread pans.
- In a large bowl combine flours, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, eggs and orange juice.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter amongst the prepared pans and bake for about 50-65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for about 20 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…