I mean, look at these bars! Don’t they look like you could reach through the screen and start eating?
They really are as good as they look and as good as they sound.
They’re dreamy and creamy and chocolate and peanut butter goodness.
I served these Peanut Butter Dream Bars when I had a house full of friends (I made 2) and they both disappeared so fast that I had to make another for my family a few days later because they didn’t get to try any. I was totally fine with making more. Especially since it’s super easy and amazingly tasty.
- 1 16oz package peanut butter sandwich cookies (like Nutter Butter), divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 8oz container frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 3.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (of any size or variety - you're chopping them!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely crush 24 of the cookies in a blender or food processor. Mix crumbs together with melted butter.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 8x8 pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Make sure to allow the crust to cool completely before adding the fillings:
- Mix the package of pudding with the milk in a small bowl, set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended.
- Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping until well blended.
- When crust is cool, spread the chocolate pudding over crust.
- Very carefully place spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture over the pudding and spread with a spatula to cover the pudding layer.
- Spread the rest of the whipped topping over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Chop or break up the rest of the cookies from the package and sprinkle over the top with the chopped peanut butter cups just before serving.
Adapted from here.
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love