Peanut Butter Cup Cream Cheese Ball. Let’s make sure you understand what this means. A cream cheese ball is a ball made out of mostly cream cheese. This one in particular is also made with peanut butter and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
This cheese ball was a surprise no-brainer in the deliciousness department. It seriously tastes like a cheesecake with peanut butter cups in it. Why did it take me so long to try this?
I’m not sure. I love Janelle’s Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball. Have you tried it, because if you haven’t you should.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this is the dessert for you. And at our house, peanut butter and chocolate are both staples. Usually consumed together. Like these cookies, and these ones too, and this ice cream. And Janelle has this Peanut Butter Pie that is pretty fantastic.
In all seriousness, though (because both cheese balls and peanut butter cups are very serious matters), this would be perfect for game day or just the next time you’ve got friends coming over. It’s easy and super tasty.
My kids liked it best with regular graham crackers, but I prefer the chocolate ones.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Mix cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well, then fold in chopped peanut butter cups.
- Place on a sheet of plastic wrap, and shape into a ball and wrap in the plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped ball in a bowl, to keep shape, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Give the chocolate chips and peanuts a rough chop, then roll the chilled ball into chocolate chips and nuts.
- Serve with regular and/or chocolate graham crackers or Nilla wafers.
Adapted from Janelle's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball
You Might Also Like: