A few of my food obsessions: cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate and peanut butter in any form but particularly in cookies.
These were a no-brainer.
And they were fantastic. I mean, really, where could it go wrong? Oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate all in a cookie cup form.
Can I tell you what the best part of these bad boys is? You only dirty one bowl for the whole thing! How fantastic is that? Coming from a person who avoids washing the dishes like they are the plague, it is really fantastic!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave, then allow to cool slightly (so the egg doesn't scramble).
- Mix together melted butter, sugars, peanut butter, egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the dough evenly in the mini muffin pan, about 3/4 full. I had enough dough leftover that I was able to fill 4 regular sized muffin cavities as well.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes (11-12 for regular size muffin tin) or until pale golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 15 minutes before removing them
Adapted from My Chocolate Therapy