These were kind of a no-brainer decision with my family. Li’l Smokies wrapped in our favorite pretzel dough? There was no question.
But we didn’t know they’d be so good that they (the picky children that live at me house) would even try the honey mustard dipping sauce and love it!
We made these for a special movie night and set out these with other fun finger/dipping foods. These went faster than even the cookie bars that I made as a treat!
Super good and easy to put together, you should definitely make these for your next get-together.
- 1 recipe pretzel dough
- 1 package li'l smokies
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- When your dough has risen and is ready to use, boil 4 cups of water with 1/2 cup baking soda.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pinch off a tablespoon size ball of dough and flatten out in your palm. Place a li'l smokie in the middle and wrap the dough around.
- Using a slotted spoon, dip in the boiling water (just a little dip - max of 30 seconds) and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired.
- Repeat with the rest of the li'l smokies.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the pretzels are golden.
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth. Serve with smokies.