This Fiesta Salad is my current salad obsession. I really like salads. As in, I have a tendency to fall in love with one particular salad and eat it over and over again for weeks. Kind of the way that my sister would do with a new song that she really liked when we were in high school. I found that extremely annoying and was glad that I didn’t do anything like that. I guess I just do it with deliciousness…?
Well, that’s what I did with this salad. I ate it at least once a day for several weeks. Now I’m okay with just once a week or so. It’s a pretty simple salad, but has lots of yumminess involved: shredded chicken, black beans, green onions, tomato, corn, and a vinaigrette that takes just minutes to whip up and a great smoky flavor.
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- Combine lettuce, tomato, corn, beans, chicken, green onions and cilantro.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing together, then top with avocado if desired, and serve.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 cracks black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash hot sauce
- Place all ingredients in bowl and whisk well, so that all ingredients are combined well. Can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator (like if you need to eat it everyday for several weeks).
Vinaigrette adapted from Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites
You Might Also Enjoy: