It’s fruity Tuesday again and I’ve got another coconut key-lime recipe for you. There is no good reason for this. Do you need a good reason to have something delicious with these flavors? Apparently my husband does. He is not as much of a fan of the key-lime treats we’ve been whipping up the last few months. And he thought it was a bit ridiculous that I was making yet another key lime anything.
But I saw the Lindt White Coconut Chocolate at the store and the wheels just started turning. I was in the mood for something snacky and a bit salty, so I went straight for the popcorn.
Who doesn’t love a bit of sweet and salty?
This turned out to be a perfect snack. It wasn’t too heavy; there was just enough of the chocolate to cover but not drench the popcorn. And each of the flavors doesn’t overpower any of the others. It’s just a perfect combination of fabulous flavors.
- 6 cups popped popcorn (about the same as 1 regular size bag with un-popped kernels removed)
- zest of 1 lime or 2-3 key limes
- 1 bar Lindt Coconut White Chocolate
- Pop your popcorn and make sure there are no un-popped kernels.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and sprinkle with lime zest. Mix lightly (you don't want all the zest to end up in the bottom of the bowl.
- Break up the bar of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn is covered.
- Spread out on wax or parchment paper until cool.
If you use a bag of popcorn, I would use a natural, or light butter. Anything with lots of butter would be too much for the subtle and wonderful flavors in the popcorn.