We love coming up with new pizza flavors and this is one of the best we’ve come up with.
It’s not a new idea – we got it from Papa John’s. They make some pretty good pizza. Their Cordon-bleu pizza starts off with a spinach cream sauce. We tried making some the first time, but we liked it better with our favorite alfredo and then topped with fresh spinach. I don’t put a ton on there (you can’t even see it in the picture because I’ve become an expert at hiding it from my children) and then top it with chicken, ham, red onion and both mozzarella and swiss cheese.
When we make it, we use our Whole Wheat Pizza Crust, but if you have a favorite crust (or even store bought), go for it! You could even use rotisserie chicken, and then this would be a pretty fast and delicious dinner!
This one of those meals that I love, because you can use what you’ve got. I usually make this pizza when I’ve got leftover alfredo sauce to use and some leftover chicken. Make some crust and cut an onion. Done.
- 1 recipe pizza crust, our Whole Wheat Crust is great
- 1 cup alfredo sauce, store bought or our Cream Cheese Alfredo
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup deli ham, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray pizza pan and roll out crust to desired thickness.
- Spread alfredo sauce over the crust.
- Spread fresh spinach on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle chicken, onion, and ham over top of cheese.
- Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of crust. It will be done when cheese is melted and crust is beginning to brown.