I have tried many chocolate cookie recipes, searching for that perfect blend of chocolatey, chewy goodness.
I’m pretty sure my search is over. This was the best by far!
Almost any time I ask my family what kind of treat I should make the responses sound something like this “Peanut Butter”, or “something with peanut butter and chocolate”, or “peanut butter cookies”. Do you notice a trend? I really should just stop asking. Needless to say, you will see a lot of peanut butter things from me because my family (and I) love it so much.
This was one of those times but I wanted to make something new. And then I thought, I wonder if I could adapt Janelle’s perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies into a chocolate version.
So, that’s what I did.
All I can say is: perfect. Perfect in their chewiness, just like the original. And perfect in their chocolateness. Our family of course had them with peanut butter chips and we all loved them. But these would be fantastic with any chocolate chip as well.
Just take my word for it, you should so try these!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until combined.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoon full onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.