Another wonderful breakfast for you. And this one could almost be a dessert.
We love waffles at our house, of all sorts. We also really like carrot cake. And cream cheese frosting. So, it was a no-brainer to bring all these things together.
Not only is it a cake turned into a waffle, but I’ve adapted my favorite cream cheese frosting to put on top.
But you still have to put maple syrup on too. Because it’s a waffle. And that’s what they’re for.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together the sour cream or yogurt, milk and eggs.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Gently stir in the carrots just to combine.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick spray. Pour about 1/2 cup batter (depending on your waffle iron) onto your waffle iron according to the directions of your iron.
- Top with Whipped Cream Cheese Topping and maple syrup and enjoy!
Adapted from Willow Bird Baking