I have something a bit shocking to admit. I don’t really like lasagna.
I know I’m crazy. My siblings would always ask for it for their birthday dinner growing up and I was going “Ech.”
It’s the tomato sauce and all the cheese, particularly the ricotta or cottage cheese. You see, I have issues with texture.
I have since my childhood found lasagna recipes that I can tolerate and even some that were pretty darn good.
But I don’t make it very often. Like, ever. Because my husband doesn’t really like the tomato aspect either.
So I wanted to make a version that I knew we would both really like. And surprise, surprise: my husband gave this a 10 out of 10! That’s a first in a very long time!
It has all the noodles, sauce, and cheesy goodness of a lasagna but with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and lots of cheese!
Give it a try because it is super good. It had enough of the buffalo kick that I had to have a big salad with lots of ranch dressing to cool it down a little.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles, optional
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and add garlic.
- Saute just until fragrant, then add cubed cream cheese and whisk in until melted and bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in wing sauce, tomato pate and chicken broth until smooth.
- Continue cooking until slightly thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- If using regular lasagna noodles, prepare them according to package directions, cooking to just less than al dente and carefully drain.
- Spray a 8 inch square pan, then spread a very thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Layer noodles, chicken, cheese, and ranch until you've reached the top of the pan or you run out of ingredients. The top layer should have noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 375 oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and lots of ranch or bleu cheese dressing.