It’s Main Dish Monday again and today I’m sharing our family’s favorite spaghetti recipe. This simple 5 Ingredient Spaghetti and Meatballs is definitely the best. Spaghetti, for me, is the ultimate comfort food. I grew up on a homemade spaghetti recipe that is really good and still makes me feel happy when I have it, although I would always ask for “just a little sauce”. You see, although I love spaghetti, tomato based sauce is not exactly my favorite. I like fresh tomatoes just fine, but sauces are a different matter.
So when I got married to a man who likes tomatoes and tomato sauces even less than me, I decided to tweak it. This has since been a favorite at our house for everyone. It’s easy and has great flavor and the cream cheese adds creaminess that we all love. My kids’ favorite part is the meatballs and that sure makes for an easy meal.
Janelle also has a easy and halfway homemade spaghetti you should try.
- 1/2 bag frozen meatballs (about 30 meatballs)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce, plus 1/2 can of water
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 spaghetti spice packet (our favorite is McCormick Thick & Zesty)
- Place meatballs in a large skillet.
- Cover with tomato sauce and water, barbecue sauce, cream cheese, and spaghetti packet.
- Cover and heat over medium-high heat, simmering and stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
You Might Also Enjoy: